When it comes packing makeup for a trip, it can easily become an overwhelming where you end up over packing products that you won’t actually use. When it comes down to it, if you’re going on a beach vacation for example, you may not need three eyeshadow palettes and 4 different eyeliners, so check out my tips below to minimize and streamline your travel makeup!
☆ Prioritize your favorites/essentials
No matter your destination, it’s important to prioritize the products you know you cannot live without. For me, I cannot go anywhere without packing eyebrow gel, because I feel like even on my most natural days, it really pulls my look together. For some of you, it may be mascara, or lipstick. Whatever it may be, figure out what your can’t live without products and focus on packing just those.
☆Avoid Breakable Products
If you’re traveling by car, you shouldn’t have to worry about products breaking, but if you’re traveling by plane or any type of transportation where someone else is handling your luggage, you may want to be more aware of the types of packaging your products come in. You may not want to pack a super soft, delicate eye shadow palette, only to have it shattered upon your arrival. Pack products that you know are durable and can stand up to rigorous travel.
☆ Find Multi-use Products
If you’re limited on space, you probably don’t want to have to bring a product for every step in your makeup routine, but don’t want to skimp on them either. My tip for this would be to find products that you can use for multiple things. For example, bronzer and highlighter can be used as eyeshadow, cream blush can be used as lipstick, and dark eyeshadow can be used as eyeliner. Get creative! There are always tons of ways you can use products for multiple different things.
My go-to travel makeup for a beach vacation:
With summer approaching fast, here’s a list of my travel makeup essentials for a beach vacation!
- A cream highlighter-this can be used on the face and on the body for an all over glow.
- Mascara- nothing too crazy, just something natural.
- Eyebrow gel- I cannot live without this, it makes any natural face look even better
- Lightweight concealer- I don’t want anything heavy, but I may still want to cover up some unevenness, so I like to have some kind of concealer.
- Lip balm/tinted lip balm- since I’ll probably be spending all day in the, I don’t want a super intense lip stick, so I tend to stick to a lip balm or tinted lip balm if I want a little bit of color
And that’s it! I hope these tips/recommendations can help any of you out there! Xo.